HOW YOUR DIESEL INJECTION SYSTEM WORKS?
The main purpose of the diesel injection system is to deliver fuel to the cylinders of a diesel engine, the quality of the injector is very important for this process, the way the injection system works will decrease in performances if your injectors are malfunctioning or if they are low quality pieces.
The diesel fuel injection system delivers fuel under extremely high injection pressures. This implies that the system component designs and materials should be selected to withstand higher stresses in order to perform for extended durations that match the engine’s durability targets.
The main purpose as we have said before, of the fuel injection system is to deliver fuel into the cylinders of an engine. In order for the engine to effectively make use of this fuel:
- Fuel must be injected at the proper time, that is, the injection timing must be controlled.
- The correct amount of fuel must be delivered to meet power requirement, that is, injection metering must be controlled.
Additional aspects are critical to ensure proper fuel injection system performance including:
- Fuel atomization: ensuring that fuel atomizes into very small fuel particles is a primary design objective for diesel fuel injection systems.
- Bulk mixing: while fuel atomization and complete evaporation of fuel is critical, ensuring that the evaporated fuel has sufficient oxygen during the combustion process is equally as important to ensure high combustion efficiency and optimum engine performance.
- Air utilization: effective utilization of the air in the combustion chamber is closely tied to bulk mixing and can be accomplished through a combination of fuel penetration into the dense air that is compressed in the cylinder and dividing the total injected fuel into a number of jets.
For all of those reasons you must have high quality injectors in your injection system, if not your engine will decrease in performance and your truck too. Stop worrying if your engine is working well, with our injectors everything is possible.